Labels

Monday 30 January 2012

Hawaiian Tropic Lip Gloss Review

Hey guys :) 
I bought a product a while ago that had this awesome lipgloss added to it as a free gift.
I was pleasantly surprised that its not just a gloss but UVA Protection and moisturizer
all in one. I don't love ordinary glosses, but i do love anything that can help my lips
stay soft, and in this case, protected as well.
This is the Hawaiian Tropic Lip Gloss in Island Berry.
It's a moisturizing lip gloss with SPF 25. It's actually recommended by the 
Skin Cancer Foundation, which I think its really good for holidays
or if you live in a warm area with common sunshine.

It has a lovely fruity smell to it but its very subtle. When you put it onto 
your lips you can definitely taste a sort of a sweetness, its not too strong
but I don't think I'd want to taste that all day, I'd get a little sick to be honest.
The packaging says to "apply frequently and generously" - but for me 
one application every 4-6 hours is enough for my lips to stay soft.

It comes with this applicator - which I'm not a huge fan of really.
However, this is a product that I would definitely take on holidays,
and for this an applicator like that is very good because it's quick to use.
You get 20ml/grams in the tube which will last a LONG time.

The gloss doesn't add much color to my lips, my lips are quite pigmented
so this only adds a subtle glossiness to it. The good thing is that a little amount
covers the entire lips so I think it would last a good while.

This retails for £7.49 in Boots in the UK.
I'm not sure about the price in Ireland, I haven't seen this sold individually yet.
I'd say it would cost around €8.50 here, which isn't that bad.
I paid around €3.50 for the last lip balm I got that was moisturizing,
but it had no taste to it, just a slight cherry smell and it was only 4.25grams
and this is roughly double the price but almost 5 times the amount!

If you'd like to see more reviews let me know :)
Any questions are much appreciated :)

Anna xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment